2023 UK Industrial Placement (Software Engineering)
🚀 Placement Program
Our industrial placements are for a period of six to 12 months, during which, you will have the opportunity to work within the Technology & Systems team based in Glasgow.
Our primary domain is in the Transport sector, solving real-world problems for clients that manage transport networks and own all forms of transport assets – digital, data and infrastructure. We also provide technical input across multiple domains for projects across other parts of Mott MacDonald meaning we play our part in maintaining Mott MacDonald’s carbon neutral certification.
Area of Responsibilities
- The Technology & Services (TS) team within Mott MacDonald develops and supports a diverse range of bespoke and product-based complex software systems for clients throughout the UK, internationally and within the Mott MacDonald group.
- These systems are developed by our in-house software engineering team, utilising a wide range of programming technologies and deployment into varying technology stacks. We provide a dynamic, project-orientated development environment, with teams involved in the full lifecycle of system delivery from requirements definition through to design, development, platform configuration and ultimately live system support.
- To join us for an industrial trainee placement you must currently be at university studying a relevant computing science, software engineering or related degree. You will have experience in Java and/or C# .NET and be able to adapt and learn new technologies in those tech stacks.
- You’ll be working with graduates, experienced professionals, and other students so a placement with us is the perfect opportunity to learn from a variety of people while understanding our values and culture. It’s also a great chance to get involved with real projects while gaining relevant experience.
- As a living wage employer, we offer our students a competitive salary which is above the living wage threshold - we ensure that you’re given a salary you deserve.
- Contributory pension up to 7% of your salary: we have the best people on our team, and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs during the year you are with us.