2023 Summer Placement - Commercial Management - Consultancy – HS2 - Birmingham
🚀 Summer Internship
- As a Commercial Management summer placement, you will gain exposure to the variety of services offered to our clients and take on responsibility in real, live project environments. You will work alongside industry leading professionals at Mace and many prestigious and high-profile clients.
Area of Responsibilities
Construction & Surveying
- Producing various tender documentation, carrying out tender analysis and performing take-offs of technical construction drawings.
- Drafting contracts for several packages
- Commercial Management of various fit out and preliminary packages including Site Temps, Scaffolding, Logistics and Wayfinding
- Producing contract orders for various packages
- Carrying out monthly valuations for payment and issuing Interim Payment Certificates to trade contractors
- Producing and issuing variation instructions to various trade contractors, then valuating these variations for payment.
- Producing a cost to complete report for my specific packages for the project’s commercial director to feed into a larger project cost for completion of the report.
- Negotiating and agreeing final account settlements with trade contractor on behalf of the Client.
- This programme is for university students who are in their first, second, or penultimate year of their degree. You’ll also need GCSE Maths and English at grade 4/C or above. Candidates must be studying an RICS accredited degree in Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or another relevant degree.