2023 Summer Internship Programme
Our Summer Internship Programme gives you valuable insight into the FCA and financial services market and provides you with an opportunity for real responsibility while you’re with us. You’ll sit within one of our departments and have the chance to work alongside experts in their field. For example, you could be placed within the Supervision, Policy & Competition division where you could conduct market studies and analysis to shape future policy decisions or use your analytical skills to obtain, review, organise and draw conclusions from complex data sets., or you could sit in our Enforcement team collating and analysing data to hold those suspected of serious misconduct accountable.
Area of Responsibilities
Whichever team you end up in, you’ll be showing us your potential and we’ll show you what a regulatory career is really like. You’ll experience first-hand the breadth and diversity of work we do here at the FCA and learn from the brightest minds in the industry through learning lunches and speaker sessions from our senior leaders. You’ll also be paired with one of our current graduates to help you build your professional network. By the end of the programme you’ll be able to decide whether a regulatory career is for you – and successful interns could be offered a place on one of our 2023 graduate programmes at the end of the summer.
We’re not prescriptive when it comes to your background, all we ask is that you’re in your penultimate year of study and on track to gain a 2:1 degree or equivalent. Most importantly, we’re looking for passion, integrity, ambition and aptitude.
We want you to use and build upon the transferrable skills from your degree; working collaboratively and being strategically minded to solve problems and form judgements.
· A bespoke induction in the first week of the summer internship programme to introduce you to what we do at the FCA and our place in the Financial Services landscape
· Access to a skills training path to support you through your internship and beyond
· Completion of a financial services related project that benefits the local community, which you will present to a senior panel of judges towards the end of your internship
· Opportunity to hear from senior speakers across the business
· Lunch and learn sessions to widen your knowledge of the FCA divisions and their work
· Social opportunities to network and engage with your intern cohort