2023 Advanced Execution Services Off-Cycle Internship Program in London
- Our Internship Program is open to students and graduates who want to gain practical experience in the Investment Bank Advanced Execution Services (Quant) function. Over the course of this in-depth, comprehensive 6 month program you will make valuable contributions to the bank’s work, develop skills, expand your knowledge and grow in confidence. By the end of the program you will gain a rich, varied insight into our work at Credit Suisse, the industry in general and the diverse teams that collaborate to deliver innovative solutions.
- Advanced Execution Services (AES) is the flagship product in the firm’s electronic trading franchise, which is used to execute orders on behalf of clients in markets around the globe. The role offers an unrivalled opportunity to learn about global electronic trading, working for an industry-recognized market leader in Algorithmic Trading. The successful candidate will work very closely with the trading desk and technology teams, and be directly involved in a challenging and high-profile area of the finance industry. The role will also entail quantitative work across the broader European Cash Equities platform.
Area of Responsibilities
Banking & Finance
- Focus on intraday equity markets and research behind enhancements towards execution algorithms.
- Primary responsibility will be for fundamental research and/or performance attribution to drive enhanced also performance – both new and existing
- Further work includes more bespoke and/or customised reporting and analysis and working on targeted improvements
- Some Tech development will be required with automation and repeatability a focus, though exact responsibilities will depend on the candidate and their experience/expertise
- Primarily an agency execution focus rather than a proprietary trading focus
- Scientific academic background (physics/maths/engineering/etc, Masters or Phd)
Significant Plusses Include
- Experience in Python, R or Matlab (but will consider if candidate has experience in similar analytical tools)
- Experience with SQL / relational databases
- Visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Knowledge and experience of market microstructure and / or limit order books
- Experience with High Frequency Tick data (e.g. onetick).
- Experience with automated agency trading systems
Other Pluses Include
- Equity trading background / research experience in intraday trading
- Experience in a quantitative role in a major buy-side or sell-side financial institution is a plus
- Experience in compiled languages (e.g. Java, C#, C++)
- Ability to perform under pressure, both on individual and team assignments
- Excellent communication skills, written and conversational