12-month Placement, Private Client Tax - Southampton, July 2023
Our Private Client Tax Services team helps individuals from all walks of life with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts, our team’s client base is incredibly diverse, including high-net-worth families and individuals, as well as entrepreneurs, business owners and family businesses.
You will be joining a team that supports clients to meet their tax compliance obligations and liaises with HMRC on their behalf. This can include preparing their tax returns, repayment claims, computations, accounts and dealing with any correspondence from HMRC.
As part of our Private Client Tax team you will combine hands-on practical experience which could be advising on tax efficient strategies or helping clients with financial planning whilst studying.
Area of Responsibilities
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Be able to build and maintain good relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Have the ability to work in small teams and develop a good relationship with all partners
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Have the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- Be proficient in Excel and have an interest in learning new applications
- Be in their penultimate year at university
- On course for at least a predicted 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5