12 Month Placement, Audit - Southampton, July 2023
🚀 Placement Program
- Many businesses need to reassure investors and other stakeholders on their financial performance, even where a full audit isn’t necessary, appropriate, or required by law. We provide wide-reaching financial advisory services to international clients across a number of industries and a diverse client base, ranging from small businesses and family enterprise start-ups to non-profit organisations.
- As part of our Assurance & Business Services team you could be working directly with managing and financial directors, checking that numbers stack up with fact. This means providing advice and solutions that really make a difference.
- You'll also build valuable client experience, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective auditor and trusted business adviser.
Area of Responsibilities
Accounting & Tax
- Working as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks
- Developing an understanding of our client’s and their businesses
- Understanding from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
- Keeping seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensuring work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and recording clearly and concisely the work done
- Becoming familiar with our audit and accounting software
- Resolving queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
- Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
- Supporting more qualified staff on more complex client situations
- Assisting with admin support as and when required
- Be in their penultimate year at university
- On course for at least a predicted 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
2:1 or higher